Mar 11, 2008

Socks



Why do socks NEVER stay on a baby's feet? I have lost more socks in department stores, grocery stores, and restaurants than I care to count, not to mention that after the baby grows out of that size, I find them popping up in the couch, under the counters, and in the van for months and even years afterwards. I curbed the sock problem with Julian when I found Old Navy. Their socks not only stayed on his feet, they have the rubber thingies on the bottoms so he wouldn't slide allover when he started walking. He now will not take his socks off at all. He will however, take your socks off your feet and turn them into "sock monsters" that munch on your shoulders and hair. The fuzzy slipper socks are the best for this. Because of this, I have 1 matching pair of slippers out of the 8 I was given for Christmas.

My oldest, Sedric, on the other hand is a sock hoarder. He has socks so full of holes they are just ribbing around his ankles. Aryanna just never puts them into the laundry. I swear I've seen them form a line and jump on into the hamper on their own.

When I got pregnant with Raistlin, I thought, "Great! I have the sock problem conquered! No more lost socks!!!"
BOY WAS I WRONG!!!
Yes, I still use Old Navy socks, as I still had all the socks from the 10 pack I had bought for Julian. The first pair I slipped onto those little toes were back off within an hour. Now, maybe the elastic was a little loose in them, as Julian wore that size for almost a year. I bought 4 new pairs at Old Navy during a sale (.84 a pair). Those he had off within 10 minutes. I spent my day yesterday putting his socks back on every 5 minutes! This child has made it his mission right now to make sure his toes are exposed to the air. Thank goodness for Carolina weather! I'm giving up on the socks, and buying a pair of sandals for him the first chance I get.

2 comments:

Zander McNeal said...

I swear J and Rastlin will wind up building sock forst like I did when I was little.

KiweeKore said...

Wow, is this what I have to look forward to when I get married and have kids? Rantings about socks?